NEWS! Funding for Refugee Scholars and Scientists from Ukraine
The Cluster of Excellence SCIoI aims to support Ukrainian scientists continuing their scientific work in Germany and start new collaborations. An active participation of the fellows in SCIoI research groups and networks is intended. During the funding period, SCIoI supports the fellows in the preparation of project proposals for the acquisition of third-party funding.
Who can be supported?
The funding is person-specific and designed for outstanding doctoral students, postdocs, and established scientists from Ukraine for a specific period of time, while they maintain their affiliation at a Ukrainian institution.
What does the fellowship include?
- A basic monthly stipend with a duration of 3-6 months. The stipend is to be calculated according the DFG regulations, between €1750 and €2450 per month depending on family situation.
- Office space and work equipment
What are the requirements for funding?
- The researcher’s field of research must fit into the overall framework of the cluster of excellence SCIoI.
- The potentially funded person has most recently worked as a (junior) researcher in Ukraine.
- The person’s physical presence in Berlin is expected during the length of the fellowship.
Which application documents are required?
- A current CV with respective certificates of graduation (In case the original documents are not available in English, an English translation must be provided).
- Scanned copy of your identity card as well as your residence permit, if available
- Proof of your German and/or English language skills, for example certificates or current enrollment confirmation for language courses
- Short description of previous SCIoI-related research projects and a plan for the research that will be carried out in Berlin, explanation of how the research fits into the overall framework of the cluster of excellence (1 page max.).
A decision will be made based on the following selection criteria and considerations:
- project quality and feasibility of the research
- academic suitability of the scholar at risk
- integration into the overall framework of the cluster of excellence SCIoI
How do I apply?
To apply, please send an email with all application documents to email@example.com The complete application package should be submitted in a single pdf file. Please note, applications that are incomplete cannot be considered.
In case of any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org